Wednesday, December 29

Getting off on the good foot

It's nearly new year's eve, I've worked my last shift of 2010 but at home the Christmas celebrations have left many things undone... It's a whopper of a to-do list, but the plan is to have it all ticked off by the end of January.

  • schedule some bike time - I've not ridden nearly enough over the last few weeks, as a result of which both my body & my mind are getting sluggish.
  • catch up on the laundry, take inventory of my wardrobe & look to fill any gaps in the sales
  • write a workable chores schedule - and actually use it!
  • finish up the final bits of the guest room - frame & hang pictures, make the sheer curtains & swag, buy some new bedlinen - & share the results here.
  • sort out & tidy our bedroom, which became the dumping-ground for all the stuff that was in the spare room
  • wallpaper the stair risers, make curtains for the hall, hang pictures & buy lampshades. Again, a project to be photographed & shared!
  • make the second curtain for the bedroom (I'm ashamed to say that we've had one curtain & a blanket clothes-pegged to the rail for over a year now!)
  • tidy away all the Christmas decorations, wrapping paper etc; find homes for the presents we received & dispose of anything that a new item is replacing
  • count the small change in the "penny jar" & bank it
  • take inventory of the pantry & freezer, write a shopping list to fill any gaps and plan meals for as far ahead as possible - can I do a month's worth of menus in one go?
  • prep for a work project & contact the people I need to speak to about it.
There, easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment